Monday, April 13, 2020

Serious Complaint against OYO


***If you’re from OYO and this blog reached you. Please check my booking IDs for more details about my trips. ***

Hi. I am Bharti Gupta. I booked 3 OYOs for my New Year Plan of 2020.
Thanks to the COVID 19 that I got some time to register this complain otherwise I am never free to lodge these complains and we know these complain things never works. While we had met with many problems in the OYO hotels, we tried to complaint each time. But their Customer Care executives are so lethargic even to listen to us.
Our plan was:
DELHI – JAIPUR (1 NIGHT OYO STAY) – UDAIPUR (3 NIGHTS OYO STAY) – JAIPUR (1 NIGHT OYO STAY) - DELHI (1 NIGHT STAY-thankfully not in oyo)

OYO 1: Jaipur (Booking ID JMBW0457)
OYO Townhouse 321 Mansarovar
39 Rooms - Mansarovar Oth
24, 4 & 24, Rajiv Vihar, Main Gopalpura Bypass, Jaipur, Jaipur

Bed-sheets:
OYO doesn’t change their bedsheets. Yes! They don’t. Every time, we went there and asked them to change the bedsheets. And evch time we thought. Its ok. May be next time it wont happen. But it happened every time. We went there and asked them to change the bed sheet. And guess what. The washed bedsheets were dirty as well. What do you expect then?
OK. You calm yourself down. And wait. You want to enjoy as you are with your friends. So you kind of want to forget about the problems. Ok. We were hungry so we ordered food.
FOOD:
We ordered Soup. My sister was having cold and cough. No. There was no Novel Corona at that time. So we ordered soups. We specially asked them to serve them as hot as possible. So she can have soup and soothe her throat.
But TA-DA! You are in OYO. How can you expect happiness?
Our soups came almost in one and half hour. Yes. 1 and half hours they took, just to make two type of soups.
And the order arrived. We complaint about the late order. But still we were ok. Our patience was in the limits. We forgave the staff. They are humans. They work all they. They are serving you. You have to be nice to them.
But then, The soup was cold. Now. We were a bit disturbed but not completely. We called the restaurant and asked them what have they done? Why the soup is not hot?
They apologized and a nice young man came to our room to listen to our complain.
NICE LOOKING MAN: “We are really sorry. I will just check with the staff whats wrong. You will not face such a problem. If you have any problem just let me know. I will get your soup served hot. Blah blah!”
Then they served us the hot soup.
We were fine. So far…it was ok.
Next day we woke up. We were three girls: I, My sister and a friend.
So, One of us had periods. And what do you want on such a day. Your own bathroom, bed, something hot to drink every now and then.
We woke up just to find out that there was no water in the bathroom. Wow!
Period + NO water + a pad you wore overnight + Mood swing + belly ache + OYO staff who can do NOTHING about it !!!
Yes, we somehow managed. Dialed the reception, room service etc. But nobody knew how to deal with such a problem.
Now! We thought of forgetting everything and just having our breakfast and get rid of such a terrible hotel. So, we went to the breakfast hall.
Surprise! What do they have for breakfast?
Maggie!
And?
Poori bhaji!
Bhaaji was kept in a container. Full of yellow liquid. With a small piece of aaloo swimming in it. It had no taste and no spices and no aaloo. Guys! Those you do not know. Aaloo is kind of a vegetable which is popularly eaten in NORTH INDIA. Aaloo completes the food. Aaloo is the least expensive vegetable. Its generally Rs 10 per kg. They couldn’t even serve aaloo?
Ok. I could eat poori with achar. They didn’t even had achar. There was no water to drink.
There was nothing.
Just a table with Maggie, that yellow liquid and a plate with 2-3 pooris in it. No waiter to attend. Nothing!
I saw one waiter, I asked him to bring tea for us. And I too asked him that what kind of scene is this.
There was a family who entered with little kids. They saw the Maggie and yellow liquid. They too freaked out.
I realized I had to take my medicine before breakfast and guess what? There was not even a glass of water. I forgot my medicines on the table only.
We came back. We have to check out. We complained about the hotel while checking out. We asked them for a refund, they asked us to complained to OYO. Wow!

Now what I do not understand. OYO and the hotel? Are they different. Doesn’t the hotel have to go by the brand?
Anyway. We were in travelling mood. We had to drive to Udaipur. SO we left, and wanted to seize the day.
CUSTOMER CARE NUM: NO HOTEL NUMBER
Now OYO will never give you the hotel’s contact number on Google. They will give their own customer care number as hotels num.
Why would you wait for your call to be connected to a third person/party, just to say that “Hi. We are arriving late at night, kindly get our room ready.”
But we called customer care. Waited for call to get connected. Asked the customer care the hotel num. Their customer care sucks. Yes. They do not talk properly. I think they don’t get salaries that’s why they take out on their customers. They confimed my details a hundred times. And then provided us the hotel number.
So we reached Udaipur at night. Midnight. We kept in contact of hotel somehow and told them that we are coming.

OYO 2: UDAIPUR (Booking ID: JLKW5907)
Capital O 47793 Golf View Retreat
Golf View Retreat
7, Jogi Talab Bypass Rd, Basti Ram Jiki Badi, Udaipur, Udaipur

NO LIFT!
OK! So late night. We came to hotel. It was ok initially. But as we entered we realized that there is no lift. Our room was on second floor. WOW!
Means, If you left your mobile charger in the car. Either you have to go two floors down to gt the charger. Or you switch off your phone.
You can actually say that such things do not matter. Lift and all. But these things take away your mental peace.
Bedsheet:
Again, we asked him to change the bedsheet. I don’t wanna write anymore about it. I am really running out of words how terrible I felt.
We somehow managed to stay there.
Same problems. Nobody heard the problems. OYO kept calling me. HI I am senior officer, blah blah. I will asked the senior most officer to call u. I will ask XYZ to call u. I don’t want calls. I don’t want to explain all these problems to each officer. U record my calls. Use them. Do not expect me to speak again and again the same problem. I am on a tour. I am not your inspection team.
We were so happy that we left that place. After three night(mares). The breakfast we ordered were late in this hotel as well.
There was only one man, who took care of the whole hotel. I dint see any other man there.
WE again left for Jaipur.

OYO 3: Jaipur (Booking ID: MFYH8379)
OYO Townhouse 036 C Scheme Ahinsa Circle
OYO Townhouse 036 Ahinsa Circle
O-10, Ashok Marg, Ahinsa Circle, Jaipur

We shared the terrible experience we had with two OYOs. The guy at the reception assured us that here things will not be same. We had no option than to believe him. We did. The room was good. For a change, the bedsheet looked ok. Everything was ok.
We took bath and the drainage was blocked. We were too tired to raise any complain. We didn’t even share this problem with each other. Yes we just avoided the conversation, the three of us.
Finally. We were out of this hotel as well. The last hotel was better than the first two. But again it didn’t match the standards of any good hotel.
The trip ended.
We had talked to so many customer care during the trips that we couldn’t talk anymore about the problems and awful experience we face at OYO. I was adamant that I will call them till I get a refund. But then. No amount of money can repay our terrible nights.
With this blog. I want to bring it to the notice of the authorities of OYO, how do you manage to solve these problems.
I also came to know that you build these hotels for couples. But what about us? The travellers. Who want a good stay.
CUSTOMER CARE:
I am writing this blog cuz guess what? I didn’t get an email id, on which I can mail.
I was watching a YouTube Video and I saw ADITYA GHOSH in one of that video. ADITYA GHOSH is the CEO of OYO.
I asked the youtuber to get me his email id. Then I started searching the email id of customer care.
Mr ADITYA GHOSH
Please see my booking IDs and refund my amount. If you can.
And
I hate the name of your Business. You have atleast lost three good customers. I, my sister and my Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment